10.15.2009

Just Keep Praying

I believe that praying is a fundamental discipline of being a fully devoted follower of Jesus. But, for many believers, praying is not easy nor does it always seem worth the time investment.

Speaking for myself, I've allowed my weekly schedule to become so full (with work, church, family activities, sleep, etc.) that it is tough to make time to pray. Without being ready for prayer, sometimes my prayers are rushed and / or incomplete with few noticable results.

Now, I know that God hears our prayers and He is always in control of the circumstances surrounding us. So even when I don't have time for it or don't feel like it will accomplish much, my challenge is to just keep praying!

To help refocus on the need and benefits of regular prayer time I remind myself of the times God has answered my prayers in mighty ways. I review my journal entries about His miracles I've been allowed to experience.

There was the time when the doctor told me that one or both of our premie twins might not survive being born at 26 weeks and that my wife's life was also in danger. I prayed a broken prayer of repentence and petition. The twins are healthy 7 years old now and my wife is fine (in every way).

Then there was the time when my Mother passed away and I didn't know how I would survive without her in my life. While I still miss her after 8 years, like only God can, He put the pieces of my heart together and helped me heal. I know l'll see her again some day!

God held my hand while my Dad went through cancer treatments. It's been 7 years now. Dad is 75 and still riding his motorcycle and doing pretty much anything he wants to.

I held on to God's promises when my wife experienced massive complications with our last pregnancy. By all doctor accounts, she should have (at best) been severely brain damaged due to lack of oxygen and suffered fatal liver damage. This was one of those "but then God..." events. Less then 36 hours after the doctor told me he didn't think she would survive long enough to get a transplant, the Healer showed up and my wife walked out of the hospital in perfect health. Our baby survived being born 2 months early and double collapsed lungs to become the poster child for the terrible two's.

Recently, we formed a charity aimed at showing God's love by caring for families in crisis (Food, Clothes, Utilities, etc.). In troubled economic times like 2009, when businesses are failing, we received thousands of donated items and quadrupled our expected financial budget! While the world struggled, God provided abundance for our team and the families we serve!

Finally, after working to increase our giving, we reached a milestone percentage and the very next week received some very good news about our financial future! Once again, against all odds, God brings the increase!

Praise Him and Just Keep PRAYING!!!

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: